River canyons in London on the river Thames are only used for travel and tours. Venice is built in a marine Bay on the Islands and lagoons. There are more than 120 blocks, standing on the water. The unique beauty of historical palaces, buildings, temples, houses, residential quarters, museums attract tourists from all over the world.
The canal systems in the lake Saimaa‑the Vuoksa river (Finland‑Russia), is called the Saimaa channel. The length of the canal is 43 km, depth of 265 m Along the canal’s scenic mountainous terrain. In the navigation of cruise ships sail here. In France, the canals connect the major rivers of the country the Seine, Rhine and Rhone with the waters of the Atlantic and the Mediterranean sea. The total length of the active channels is 3500 km.
In Amsterdam (it is also called “Venice of the North”) about 90 channels and 100 bridges, where to go and cruise ships. The tourists there are here what to see: the floating flower market, diamond factories, and many museums (Rembrandt, Madame Tussauds, modern art).
With the help of artificial canals created the entire lake district‑river system, considerably simplifying the problems of travel and trade routes. Major Continue reading
Yes ,indeed it was in Karelia is the largest lake in Europe! The bowl of this lake contains 908 cubic metres of fresh water.The name of this bowl-lake Ladoga.If you look at history ,the historical name of this lake — Nevo, and it belongs to the basin Baltic sea of the Atlantic ocean. On the shores of lake Ladoga are of Sortavala Piccareta ,Lahdenpohja in Karelia,and in some cities of the Leningrad region. In the lake Ladoga fall 35 rivers, and originates only one — Neva. In the southern half of the lake — three large bays: the Svir, Volkhov and Shlisselburg lips.This lake is an inexhaustible source of drinking water for the Northern capital of Russia city of St. Petersburg.
Lake Ladoga in the area of Sortavala
The main attraction,except of course the beautiful scenery of this lake is Walanski the archipelago.Well, to begin with,what is an archipelago? This is a group of Islands located close to each other are not only similar geological structure,but the derivation ,which can be continental,and volcanic or coral.One of these Islands is very famous worldwide for the ancient Transfiguration monastery.
Walanski the archipelago is located in the Northern part of the lake,which Continue reading
In the summer my husband and I every weekend I get out to go across the field. I made my personal ranking of places to visit. So:
1. Blacksmith’s house Kirillov in kunara village — it’s an incredibly beautiful structure that affects the beauty and flight of fancy on the theme of Soviet times.
2. Leaning tower in Nevyansk — there’s a whole complex, including the tower (which actually is tilted), the Museum, the monument and the Cathedral.
3. Wooden house in the world — a very beautiful example of wooden architecture on the motives of the 275th anniversary of Nevyansk.
4. The open air Museum in the village of Sul — here you can see the original design collected from anchors and products Demidov factories.
5. St. George’s Church in Kourovka — very beautifully located on the Bank of Chusovaya river, through which the Church has a suspension bridge.
6. Abandoned Rugosity in degtiarsk — the remnants of the Soviet past, producing a lasting impression.
7. Lake Tavatuy — the most beautiful lake in the West Bank (the village near the lake) offers a great view of the lake and the Ural mountains.
8. The monument Continue reading